**THIS IS AN OPEN ENROLLMENT COURSE, STUDENTS MAY ENROLL ANYTIME IN THE YEAR**
This course is designed for persons with prior firefighter training who wish to have that training converted to count toward certification by the State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshalls’ Association of Texas.
Our staff will do a comprehensive record review to determine what training may be credited towards the 22 required SFFMA sections for course completion of FF1 & FF2. Students must have 1/3 (7 total) of the 22 categories/sections already completed based on our review. If they do not, they will be disenrolled from the program and tuition refunded if already paid.
- There are 5 Live Fire Training Evolutions that must be completed to be awarded course completion. These may be credited from prior training.
- Extinguisher Fire – FF1 Task
- Ground Cover Fire – FF1 Task
- Vehicle Fire – FF1 Task
- LPG Fire – FF2 Task
- Interior Structure Fire – FF2 Task
- Live Fire training is only offered 2 times per year (Spring/Fall). Students must supply their own NFPA Approved Structural Firefighter gear to attend live burns.
- Students who have already conducted all Live Fire Training Evolutions will only be required to complete the online chapter quizzes and in person skills (if applicable) before attempting the course Final Exam and being awarded course completion.
Firefighter Skills are comprised off all Skill objectives outlined on the SFFMA Skills sheets for the desired level. These skills sheets may be completed at your department by a certified SFFMA or TCFP Instructor I and submitted as verification of skill proficiency.
* Note: Not all students will need to do skills sheets. This will be determined based on record evaluation.
Students will be assigned individual chapters and skills once the review is completed and be given a custom training plan designed exclusively for them to achieve course completion.
After the student passes the Final Examination they will be registered to do SFFMA Skills Testing and SFFMA Written Examination. The Skills testing may be done at your local department with a Texas Public Service Training Academy proctor. The written examination will be at a designated testing location and scheduled date by the SFFMA.
After completion of this course the student will also be eligible to challenge the Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) Basic Structural Firefighter Skills and Written Examinations. We will assist the student in doing so if they desire.
Examples of prior training that may be reviewed and applied for this include, but are not limited to: Out of state firefighter training, Federal firefighter training, TEEX Firefighter Phases, former SFFMA certifications (Introductory, Basic, Intermediate, Advanced Firefighter), Correctional (Jailers & Correctional Officers) firefighter training, Military training and additional duties relevant to firefighting (i.e. USN/USCG Damage Controlman, US Army Fire Safety NCO, etc), Military Auxiliary training relevant to firefighting (i.e. USCG Auxiliary Vessel Examiner), Aircraft firefighting, Maritime firefighting, Wildland firefighting, partially completed Fire Academies and documented Volunteer firefighter training conducted at local agencies.
Note: There must be documentation of this prior training in order for it to be evaluated. Submit documentation such as DD214, PQS Sheets, ERB/SRB, Skill Sheets, Training Reports from Departments, Certificates, etc to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org after completing registration for the course.
We also do preliminary reviews of records prior to registration for $25.
**Once registered for this course, refunds will only be issued if registrations are cancelled with at least 48 hours advanced notice before first day of class, or if written documentation of a death or serious illness/injury is provided, or if the Agency Chief/Head contacts the Director & Chief of Texas Public Service Training Academy before the start of the first day of training and verifies an emergency circumstance occurred that requires the registrant to drop from the course.
- Payments may be submitted via check, card or EFT. To complete registration, select the invoice option and continue. Once registered you will receive and email confirmation and a separate email with an invoice and payment methods.
- Course is HB 2604 Eligible
- Payment plans and tuition loans are available to those who qualify. Payment by credit card will include a card convenience fee of $15. Late payments will incur a $50 per month penalty.
***By selecting to register, you are agreeing with the above information and terms***
Accelerated Firefighter I & II Couse
May 8, 2020 - December 31, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm